Thursday, September 2, 2010

9 Days Away

In just 9 days I'll be on a plane to Venice. It's coming up quick! And I have no idea what I should be doing to prepare! I already have a passport, and it's too early to pack, so what should I be doing? You'd think that spending two weeks in a foreign country would require a little more preparation.

I have decided that I'm not taking my cell phone. I'm too worried about how much the calls will cost, or even worse, the data (shudder). But I am taking my laptop. I need that to blog the trip and to call my family on Skype. I also have a guidebook, but instead of planning my days, I'm just going to wing it. The school plans activities for the students anyway, like dinners out and tours of the city, so I won't suffer from a lack of planning.

Speaking of blogging, I know I haven't posted much here, but the trip hasn't begun! The plan all along was just to post a few items in the months leading up to the trip and then post daily while I am there. So as long as I can figure out how to get on the Internet, I'll be updating you every day or more. With photos.

And as for learning some Italian before I get there -- ha. I'm only on day 20 of Pimsleur Italian I, and I started it months ago. You're supposed to do it every day. I haven't touched it in a few weeks. Well, I do know how to say "I would like to drink some wine." What else do you need to know?

No comments:

Post a Comment